Register Login
CARI Infonet Return home

Andrewpaul9005's space [Favorites] [Copy] [Share] [RSS]


What Is Creatine?

Viewed 21 times31-5-2023 07:39 PM

Kreatin is a nitrogenous organic acid that helps supply energy to cells throughout the body, particularly muscle cells. It is naturally found in red meat and fish and also made by the human body, which stores it mainly in muscles. It is available as a supplement and can be used by athletes to improve their performance and by older adults to increase muscle mass. There is also some evidence that creatine can prevent muscle diseases, treat depression, help people with multiple sclerosis exercise more easily, and enhance cognitive ability in healthy individuals.

Creatin is a type of amino acid, which are the building blocks of proteins. Proteins are needed for the growth of new cells and tissues and the repair of existing ones. It is also known to boost energy and aid in the production of glucose (a form of sugar that your body uses for fuel).

The creatine produced in your liver, kidneys, and pancreas and delivered to the skeletal muscles by blood is converted into a substance called phosphocreatine, which supplies a quick burst of energy during intense physical activity or resistance training. About 95% of the body’s creatine is stored in skeletal muscles. The other 5% is distributed to the heart, brain and other tissues. Athletes who perform short, high-intensity movements like sprinting or throwing a baseball pitch usually use creatine more than other athletes because these types of exercises require a rapid energy source to sustain the activity for a longer period of time before fatigue sets in.

One study showed that creatine improved strength and power in healthy men who performed three sets of 10 repetitions at 120% of their maximum rep on a bench press. Another study compared the effects of creatine monohydrate with a placebo on chest presses and hack squats in people who were either taking the supplement or not. Both groups increased their strength and endurance. However, the group that took creatine had a larger increase in muscle thickness as measured by dual-energy X-ray absorptimetry.

Other studies have shown that taking creatine increases your muscles’ ability to store energy, which improves your endurance during long-distance running or weightlifting. Creatine also enhances the production of ATP, which is a chemical that provides your body with energy for movement and other important functions.

More research is needed to evaluate the effectiveness of creatine supplements for other benefits, such as treating diseases and improving mental health. Until then, talk to your doctor before adding this supplement to your diet. He or she can help you determine how much creatine to take and how often. Also, only take creatine from manufacturers who are certified by third-party organizations that monitor ingredients for safety and purity. For example, look for creatine that has been verified to be free of substances on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s banned list. Look for The Cologne List, NSF International, or United States Pharmacopeial Convention certifications. These certifications ensure that what’s on the label is actually in the product.

Comments (0 Comment)


You have to be logged to leave a comment Login | Register


Mobile|Archiver|Mobile*default|CARI Infonet

22-9-2023 02:05 PM GMT+8 , Processed in 0.041718 second(s), 18 queries .

Powered by Discuz! X3.4

Copyright © 2001-2021, Tencent Cloud.

To Top