Chinese
Color
Orange
Black
Blue
Purple
Green
Deep Blue
Laman Utama
Forum
Fokus
Semasa
Gosip Socmed
Infozon
tularsuara
Search
5432
View
81
Reply

[Tempatan] Projek kondominium, The Address Taman Desa runtuh. Developer Maxim Holdings. Lesen jualan DIGANTUNG #71

[Copy link]

Author: R2D2       Show all posts   Read mode

Post time 16-2-2020 03:32 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Kalau yg runtuh tu bahagian tgh tuang slab,  besar kemungkinan perancah/ Scaffolding  yg fail...
Reply

Use magic Report

Post time 16-2-2020 03:42 PM From the mobile phone | Show all posts
adeqbun replied at 16-2-2020 12:41 PM
bape pnye byk besepah projek kondo dan aprtmen mewah dgn tanah yg xdisangka2 bole lepas utk pembinaa ...

Sbb yg meroyan ni cainis kedengaran ja problem..terus diamik tindakan..cer kaw melayu
Mati pon br akta nk gubal..sejuk news nnt dia bia sajorkk
Reply

Use magic Report

Author
 Author| Post time 20-2-2020 11:09 PM | Show all posts
Probe into collapsed Taman Desa condo finds illegal workers used, not paid overtime wages

Thursday, 20 Feb 2020 08:43 PM MYT


KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 20 D The Labour Department has recommended action against the main contractor of a condominium project in Taman Desa where a structure collapsed last week after a preliminary investigation found breaches of employment law.

The investigation report released this evening said construction firm Leow Tuck Chui & Sons Sdn Bhds alleged violations included failure to provide workers with safe lodging, pay for overtime work, and employing illegal migrant workers.

Two of the six workers injured during the incident did not have work permits, the department said when adding that the two Bangladeshi nationals also did not have work insurance.

The findings from our investigation to see if the workers were insured by Perkeso showed their employers did not register them for protection. No information was received, the report said.

The government ordered immediate investigations into the incident that saw the upper level of the structure collapse last Saturday, trapping two of its workers on the floor below. The duo were rescued and sent to Hospital Kuala Lumpur for treatment.

Residents in the vicinity have been opposing the development since its announcement and some Pakatan Harapan lawmakers have alleged irregularity in the projects approval under the previous Barisan Nasional administration.

Work on the 37-storey condominium called The Address began at the end of 2017.


Three hundred foreign workers were hired for the project, the department said when noting that the Human Resources Ministry had approved their permit applications in 2013. In 2018, the Home Affairs Ministry granted permits for 200 additional foreign workers.

The department said 285 were still on the contractors payroll.

Six of them were injured by the accident. The department said the other four have the necessary work permits.

For the remaining two, one has a pending work permit application and entered the country on a social visa that has expired. The other did not have any travel documents.

The department said it conducted site inspections and recorded statements from two of the companys representatives, Asrul Fahmi Jamaluddin and Muhammad Amirul bin Abdul Hamid, the projects safety supervisors.

Among violations identified during site inspections was the lodging provided within the construction site did not comply with the Foreign Worker Housing Guidelines provided by the LFD and CIDB (Construction Industry Development Board) for construction, it said.

The department is also seeking the eight sub-contractors Leow Tuck Chui & Sons Sdn Bhd hired for the project but has so far only identified six based on information provided.

The department said efforts to interview three of these were unsuccessful as officials found their offices shut and locked.

The KL Labour Department team was sent to detect three sub-contractors, Bakti Tiara Sdn Bhd, Ng Kok Wah Building Contractor Sdn Bhd, CML Plumbing Sdn Bhd., but we found their premises shut and locked, the report said.

The report, addressed to the Human Resources Minister M. Kulasegaran, has recommended  action be taken under Section 25, Section 60k and 60A of the Works Act 1955.
Reply

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register | Facebook Login

Points Rules

 CARI App
Get it FREE Google play
 Twitter
 Instagram
cari_infonet
FOLLOW
Copyright © 1996-2020 Cari Internet Sdn Bhd All Rights Reserved(483575-W)
Private Cloud provided by IPSERVERONE
Advertise with us
Quick Reply To Top Return to the list